WackyB.com where nothing needs a purpose or a reason to be here...

Go Back   WackyB.com > Instant Messengers, Social networking and micro-blogging > Lets Chew the Fat...

Lets Chew the Fat... Earth Your Underwear...they really do exist...
a place to share awareness, discuss, highlight and debate the legitimacy of programs / exploits that make some of us a little uncomfortable... eg keyloggers, annoymous viewers, status viewers (invisible, stealth, webcam etc).

Old 07 February 06, 11:46 AM
bee

Buddy Spy - "Detect Invisble Yahoo! Messenger Users"

Buddy Spy has been around for a wee while now and it was one of the search results Google offered to me (google.com ~ Yahoo Invisible Users)

I've never used or seen Buddy-Spy before today, I'd heard a bit about it of course but never actually seen the website for it let alone had a play with the program itself...... so I swung along to check it out...

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Buddy Spy - "Detect Invisble Yahoo! Messenger Users"

homepage - http://www.buddy-spy.com/
BuddySpy is Open Source (released under GNU General Public Licence)
Donationware - http://www.buddy-spy.com/donate
online manual - http://www.buddy-spy.com/manual
support forum - http://www.buddy-spy.com/forums

Buddy Spy Features - http://www.buddy-spy.com/features
Buddy Spy allows you to keep track of what other Yahoo Messenger! users are doing, even if they are in Invisible or Stealth Mode. The program shows if the user is online, what chat room they are in (if any) and if their web cam is online. It is able to do this by connecting to Yahoo! Messenger's servers and using its YMSG protocol. Sending carefully crafted packets, and listening to their responses. Buddy Spy's Feature list include,
Stealth Checking
Room Checking
Webcam Checking
Improved GUI
More Custom Settings
More Packet Types

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I have to say I was completely impressed with the website, Buddy-Spy has its own domain name (http://www.buddy-spy.com) it's clean and tidy, and has a very professional look and feel to it, it also happily displays (and obviously participates in) Yahoo! Adverstising Program (http://publisher.yahoo.com/).

In my day to day life Buddy Spy is not a program I would use or like to... heck just having it sitting in my download folder makes me feel like a complete pervert and jackass but download it I have and install it I will.... I want to know and try to understand what it does and why ppl feel the need to (IMHO) invade the privacy of their "friends"....

My own personal stand on the "invisibility issue" is perhaps a little too simplistic on my part but for me, if my friends don't appear online or if they opt to use invisible/stealth mode then to me its clear cut and dried... they don't wish to talk to me at that particular time... something I can easily respect

I don't know anyone that uses buddy-spy (or perhaps they do and I just don't release it ) so plonk i with it I shall
//to those of you on my Yahoo friends list.. don't worry i wont be peeking in on you.. i've created a dummy list and roped in some willing souls who have granted privacy invasion permission

is there any way to prevent programs like buddy-spy from poking around at your "true" Yahoo online status?
seems not. I had a good poke around the net and at the moment I'm not able to locate anything, no program to combate it nor any advise on offer....

I also never found nor stumbled across a willing buddy-spy user who could explain why they actually used the program.. as such I'm still greatly perplexed by it all....

the one thing I did learn tho... it's a real shame respect, honor and integrity don't come as a freeware download...

Old 23 February 06, 08:07 AM
Hemp? Who Me? Where?

Send a message via ICQ to bee Send a message via MSN to bee Send a message via Yahoo to bee
<span style='color:#812495'>load the webcam captured session for editing...</span>

select (click once on the name) the capture you wish to edit from the webcam sessions list, in this example we are using <span style='color:#800080'>demo_saved_webcam</span>

the captured session loads in the editing window, now click <span style='color:#993366'>open for edit</span>

across the top of the editing window you will now notice <span style='color:#993366'>playback/edit:</span> with the following options, <span style='color:#993366'>play</span>, <span style='color:#993366'>save to avi</span> and a<span style='color:#993366'>frame slider</span>.

directly to the right of <span style='color:#993366'>playback/edit:</span> is the name of the name of the webcam capture session (shown in <span style='color:#000080'>blue text</span>) that you are about to edit

<span style='color:#993366'>play</span> - plays the entire captured session for you to preview

<span style='color:#ff00ff'>note:</span> if you wish to increase the frame rate during the playback of the captured session head to <span style='color:#993366'>playback</span> select <span style='color:#993366'>playback frame rate</span> then select from the list avaiable (fps = frames per second)

Old 23 February 06, 08:09 AM
Hemp? Who Me? Where?

Send a message via ICQ to bee Send a message via MSN to bee Send a message via Yahoo to bee
<span style='color:#993366'>save to avi</span> - does exactly that, saves the captured session to avi.

<span style='color:#ff00ff'>note:</span> you cannot edit or add stickers to the avi after saving.

the <span style='color:#993366'>frame slider</span>lets you quickly scroll through the captured frames, click (hold) and drag the slider back and forth to run through the captured frames

the number that appears over the slider while dragging is the individual number of the frame you are currently viewing

<span style='color:#ff00ff'>note:</span> stickers are not visible in the preview when you use/drag the slider, release the slider and they will reappear though. use <span style='color:#993366'>play</span> if you wish to view the session with stickers.

Old 23 February 06, 08:10 AM
Hemp? Who Me? Where?

<span style='color:#812495'>removing/deleting unwanted frames...</span>
to remove a range of frames you need to mark where the range starts and the range ends. the most common edits will be removing the start or the end of a session and at times both but you are not limited to just those areas.

you can select any range of frames to be deleted,
click <span style='color:#993366'>playback</span>, select <span style='color:#993366'>mark range start</span>, then click on the slider position bar at the first frame you wish to remove
then click <span style='color:#993366'>playback</span>, select <span style='color:#993366'>mark range end</span>, then click on the slider position bar at the last frame you wish to remove
the frame range marked for deletion is highlighted blue

to delete the range of frames selected (highlighted blue) head back to <span style='color:#993366'>playback</span>,
select <span style='color:#993366'>delete frames</span>, select<span style='color:#993366'>delete selected range of frames </span>

repeat this process as many times as needed until you only have the frames remaining that you wish to use in your avi

<span style='color:#ff00ff'>note:</span> stickers placed on frames that are subsequently deleted are removed from all future frames.

e.g
1. if you place a sticker on frame 5 and then delete frames 4 through 15 the sticker is removed from all future frames (from frame 16 onwards) as well

2. if you place a sticker on frame 1 and then delete frames 2-20 the sticker is visible on frame 1 and then on all frames from 21 onwards

to ensure stickers remain, and in the correct positions, we recommend you edit the frame selection first by removing all frames not required in the final avi, once you are satisfied with the frames to be included then add your stickers

(see using the stickers for more information about stickers and how they are applied)

Old 23 February 06, 08:11 AM
Hemp? Who Me? Where?

<span style='color:#812495'>saving selected frame sections...</span>

to save a selected range of frames hold down the <span style='color:#993366'>shift key</span> (on your keyboard), find the frame you wish to start from, then using your mouse <span style='color:#993366'>select the slider</span> (click and hold) then drag the slider to the end of the range you wish to save.

the selected range will highlight blue
click <span style='color:#993366'>save to avi</span>

at the <span style='color:#993366'>save selection prompt.</span>..

choose from...

<span style='color:#993366'>yes</span> will save only the frames selected (see saving captured webcam session to avi for more detailed instructions)

<span style='color:#993366'>no</span> will ignore your frame selection and save the entire captured session (see saving captured webcam session to avi for more detailed instructions)

<span style='color:#993366'>cancel</span> returns you to the editing window

<span style='color:#ff00ff'>notes:</span> to clear the selected range hold down the <span style='color:#993366'>shift key</span> and click anywhere along the slider bar.

stickers that were placed on frames not included in the frame selection to be saved will not be included in the final avi. only stickes placed on frames inside the selection will be visible. e.g if you place a background sticker on frame 1 and then select only frames 10 through 60 to be included in the final avi the background will not be visible as frame 1 has been excluded from the save. the stickers must originally be placed on the selected frames to be included.

to ensure stickers remain, and in the correct positions, we recommend you edit the frame selection first by removing all frames not required in the final avi, once you are satisfied with the frames to be included then add your stickers

(see using the stickers for more information about stickers and how they are applied)

Old 22 April 06, 11:11 PM
One foot in the door

Send a message via MSN to wolfie9mm Send a message via Yahoo to wolfie9mm
buddy spy is awsome .some people like to turn on messenger and go about their bussiness while invisable avoiding you and chatting to people about you behind your back and they hide from you when you find out so how do you chat with them you leave offlines.....Ignored,deleted
You send e mail......deleted,reported as spam.
so now you log in a spy program and let them know you see them and that they cant hide.
Old 24 April 06, 10:37 PM
Own Seat

buddy spy is being reprogramed for all the changes yahoo is makeing to there servers.
Old 08 September 06, 03:45 PM
Star Member

For those of you that do not know yet.

Yahoo has removed the Go to User function and changed the P2P function.

Meaning for now Buddy Spy can no longer tell if the person you are scanning is in a chat room
and if the are what chat room they are in. As for the P2P this means Yahoo made changes so that
unless the person has the name used to login to Buddy Spy on their list it will always say the person
that is being scanned is offline.
Old 13 March 07, 10:39 AM
Own Seat

**Starting from 10 August 2006, due to Yahoo! Messenger server changes, BuddySpy is unable to detect invisible users as easy as in the past. Now it detects invisible users which are added as a friend to the contact list of the account used by BuddySpy, The account you use with BuddySpy also must be on the contacts friends list.

This means that you'll have to add the friends you want to check to the account used by BuddySpy and they must accept your invitation and add you.

I do not give support for scanning people not on your friends list, But can be done.
Old 15 February 08, 09:14 AM
Back for More

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie9mm View Post
buddy spy is awsome .some people like to turn on messenger and go about their bussiness while invisable avoiding you and chatting to people about you behind your back and they hide from you when you find out so how do you chat with them you leave offlines.....Ignored,deleted
You send e mail......deleted,reported as spam.
so now you log in a spy program and let them know you see them and that they cant hide.
it depends on which side you are